If you want to avoid things like poor fuel economy and tire repair or replacement in Jacksonville and Duval County, FL, one of the best things you can do for your vehicle is stop in for a periodic alignment service. An alignment is inexpensive and can solve a great number of emerging issues with your wheels, suspension and more. John’s Automotive Inc. is ready to assess and adjust your alignment, to get your vehicle back to its ideal alignment.
Benefits of an alignment
Aligning your wheels can have a variety of different benefits—especially if you’ve been driving around out of alignment! Some of the chief benefits of a wheel alignment include:
- Reduce tread wear, since tires will be kept from rubbing during turns.
- Better fuel economy that comes from less resistance when driving straight.
- Lower chance of a blowout or flat tire, due to better tire integrity.
- Easier handling while driving, since the wheel stays true to direction.
Keeping your wheels in proper alignment means benefitting your tires, enhancing your vehicle’s handling capabilities and lowering your cost of ownership. It’s critical to consider a wheel alignment in Jacksonville, FL if you can’t remember the last time you had one done or every 10,000 miles.
Do you need a wheel alignment?
Many drivers are unsure of whether or not they need a wheel alignment. There are a few simple ways to tell if you may benefit from this simple procedure:
- If, when driving straight, you need to turn your wheel to keep from veering.
- If there are uneven treadwear patterns on your tires that indicate rubbing.
- If turning becomes harder or your vehicle loses traction while turning.
- If excess wear has caused your tires to fail or develop slow leaks.
It’s best to consult with a mechanic if your suspect your vehicle is out of alignment. At John’s Automotive Inc., we use state-of-the-art equipment to detect the camber, caster and toe of your tires, to determine if they’re in or out of alignment. Then, we take the appropriate steps to restoring optimal alignment to each individual wheel.
For more information about wheel alignments or tire repairs and replacements, or to set up an appointment to have your wheels adjusted, please contact us today by calling 904-743-3857. We’re also available for other car repair services, like auto AC repair.